May 19th, 2011 | Friends | Categories: Inspiration, Online, Strategy | Tags: bit.ly, URL shortening |
A new startup is seeking to reinvent the short URL by turning it into a promotional tool for brands and causes.
At its core, Bre.ad is a URL shortener. It shortens links, syncs to Twitter and Facebook and provides click analytics. But its big selling point is helping users promote brands, interests, and charities through a full-page interface.
- Facebook Releases New “Fan Box” Widget to Turn Website Visitors into Facebook Fans”
- Gatsby – Social Stranger Networking
- Exclusive Nike content, if you “Like”
- Google Maps gets even better – adds ‘What’s here’ feature
- Chase lets you decide which charity it should donate to